Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
The next part of the trail was steep and had narrow roads through a jungle.
They crossed a few streams. Thankfully, those were not too deep and they could balance on logs to cross them. But it was the raw beauty of nature that kept the group going: the sunrise, the birds, the voices of nature.
“Slowly the landscape around us was changing. As we climbed higher, the trail became barren. We could see the top of the trees which we had just crossed!” recollects Madhumanti.
Suddenly, they came out of the forest. They were hoping to find the beautiful iceberg lake somewhere, but the found a lush green meadow instead!
They had already walked for 7-8 km by this time. But although a couple people lost heart, Madhumanti was excited to see it through until the end.
Somewhere, far across, they saw something moving on top of another mountain. They decided that it was worth checking out! Maybe they would find the lake there!
“Now that I think of it, the meadows were the most beautiful part of the journey, colourful flowers, greenery, I don’t have words to describe it. And to top it all, we were the only people in the entire trail!”.
After some more walking, they saw the glacier. The excitement of finding the iceberg lake gave them renewed energy. And the team marched forward.This is the view they saw when the reached the top of the glacier!
The pristine turquoise blue glacier-fed Iceberg Lake! They took their lunch break there. Few of them swam in the lake.
“I just basked in the beauty, dipped my feet in the water and felt at one with nature”
The return journey was calm and peaceful, as everyone was tired and yet, filled with contentment. As they reached the end of the trail, they bid each other farewell. Madhumanti can recollect every moment of this trail with great detail. Every dangerous turn, aroma of the jungle, chill of the lake, the sunlight seeping through the tall trees. It is this beauty and oneness with nature that keeps drawing her into these adventures.
Stay tuned to the adventures of the Girl in Hiker Boots in blankslatechronicles.com. If you hike yourself or know someone who is passionate about it, write to us with your story at email@example.com
All photos are sourced from Madhumanti. She is a passionate nature photographer. Check out her instagram page for more beautiful clicks!
- The story of art: the cost of exclusivity in the digital age - May 7, 2019
- The Screen time dilemma – the conflicted reality of today’s life - January 31, 2019
- 8 things you can do if you are in India during Sankranti - January 16, 2019
- One night with Friends, Mothers and the Calcutta Bungalow - December 29, 2018
- Reduce Your Global Carbon Footprint -The Indian Middleclass Way! - December 11, 2018
- The Rise of Fall! - October 26, 2018
- If you complain that #metoo is scary, read this - October 20, 2018
- Miguel Street – Experience the world in one street - October 2, 2018
- Dr Mandakranta Bose: On Sanskrit, her journey, and organizing the 17th World Sanskrit Conference - September 19, 2018
- Whatever happened to the Romance novels? - September 6, 2018