The next account from the travel diaries of Madhumanti, our Girl in Hiker Boots, is Joffre Lakes, of British Columbia, Canada.
(For the earlier post, click here)
It is a series of three lakes, each situated at an altitude higher than the other. The last lap of the road is very narrow, so it takes about 4 hours to reach the destination. Only serious hikers manage to reach the summit.
The beauty of the Joffre Lakes and the thrill of the journey is exclusive to the traveler, but she shared with us beautiful pictures of her journey.
For this trip, she rented a car and shared her drive with 4 other hiking enthusiasts. Madhumanti suggests taking the time to explore the middle lake, as that view is one of the best!
She says, “pristine turquoise blue lake with Matier glacier backdrop and alpine forest, the steep hike and the surrounding views from the lower lake to middle lake gave me a feeling as if I am part of the Lord of the Rings.”
We have created a small video to give a glimpse of her moments in the trek. Enjoy!
For Madhumanti, nothing is too hard. She describes the most incredible journeys with a casual confidence, lulling you into a sense of ease, that a journey of this difficulty, must not have provided.
In her own words: “Always push yourself for the next level, and keep at it – you will be surprised how easily you make it. You have no idea how strong and capable you are, until you test yourself against the wilderness. Trust your legs and move on. Whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.”
- The story of art: the cost of exclusivity in the digital age - May 7, 2019
- The Screen time dilemma – the conflicted reality of today’s life - January 31, 2019
- 8 things you can do if you are in India during Sankranti - January 16, 2019
- One night with Friends, Mothers and the Calcutta Bungalow - December 29, 2018
- Reduce Your Global Carbon Footprint -The Indian Middleclass Way! - December 11, 2018
- The Rise of Fall! - October 26, 2018
- If you complain that #metoo is scary, read this - October 20, 2018
- Miguel Street – Experience the world in one street - October 2, 2018
- Dr Mandakranta Bose: On Sanskrit, her journey, and organizing the 17th World Sanskrit Conference - September 19, 2018
- Whatever happened to the Romance novels? - September 6, 2018