Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
The Wonder Woman movie has broken a few proverbial glass ceilings. It is possibly one of the first super-hero movies featuring a woman in the lead. It is the first movie directed by a woman to have grossed $100 million in the opening weekend. The woman in the lead is a beauty from Israel, Gal Gadot, who has garnered great audience response for her spirited portrayal of Princess Diana of the Amazon! But, just in case, you didn’t already know, here are a few trivia about her that will convince you that she is Wonder Woman IRL too:
This one is hardly a surprise. Gal participated in, and won the Miss Israel contest in 2004. She was all of 18. But, there is a twist in the tale. Our girl tanked her Miss Universe campaign, because she self-admittedly wasn’t cut-out to be a ‘Beauty Queen’. She purposefully turned up late, and without make-up, rebelling against the establishment.
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) June 5, 2017
As is mandatory in Israel, Gal served two years in the Israeli army. She was 20 when she joined service. It is her service that Gal credits for her sense of discipline, and strength. She also believes that her knowledge of weapons, gained in her time with the army, helped her win her role in the Fast and the Furious 6. Over the years, Gal has been trained in swordsmanship, Kung Fu, kickboxing, capoeira and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. She performs all her stunts herself. She was in fact a fitness trainer for a while, before her acting career took off.
Alternate Law Career
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) February 23, 2017
Gal went to study law at the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya in Herzliya, Israel. She was offered a role as the Bond Girl in Quantum Solace, but turned it down. She commented that at the time she considered herself “too serious and smart to be an actress”. But, the process opened her up to the excitement of an acting career, and she started coaching for it. Soon, she was on Israeli TV first, and then on the Fast and the Furious franchise.
Gal met her husband at a desert party in Israel. They immediately connected, and have been married for the last 10 years. They are proud parents to two daughters, 6 years and 2 months old respectively. Yes, you got that right! She was, indeed, 5 months pregnant while shooting for Wonder Woman, and still did all her stunts herself. Talk about being a super hero!
Gal is Fast and Furious in real life too; she loves her bikes. She owns a black 2006 Ducati Monster, that she takes out for a spin from time to time.
What can we say? We are in love with our new Wonder Woman! Comment below or write to us at email@example.com
- Quick Ride Review: Bangalore’s Citizen fight back the Traffic Menace - January 31, 2019
- The Top 5 Books from my 2018 pile - January 10, 2019
- My Daughter’s Feminist Training, Out of Syllabus - October 11, 2018
- The Durga Mythology Fails Women in India - October 9, 2018
- The Review of Stree: An Almost There Horredy! - September 6, 2018
- Yeh Meri Family Review: Making Indian TV Great Again - September 4, 2018
- 5 Tips to make your day at Galle Fort, Sri Lanka Phenomenal! - August 28, 2018
- Rediscovering Faith in the Last Kingdom of Kandy - August 21, 2018
- All you need to know about Assam’s Immigration Issue - August 2, 2018
- The Curious Case of My Missing Grandmothers - July 20, 2018