This is a regular feature article by Whiny Bear, where she pens down her thoughts on various things. This time she writes about her new year resolutions! If you want to read her previous articles, click here
Apparently, I have whined away another year. I have had a moderately successful weight loss venture, and now, I am on a holiday break. A break from what you ask? From the guilt of failing a diet, for one!
Among thousands of others, here are my top resolutions for 2017:
#1 Ditch peer pressures
Festivities have become an oxymoron. You are expected to wine, dine, gorge on delectable food, look gorgeous and fresh (all the while ensuring a postcard family ready to burst into smiles) – it is an impractical ideal! Festivals have become a war zone of peer-pressure. Oh Christmas, without a Christmas tree at home? Anniversary and no weekend getaway? Kid’s birthday without a theme?
The bane of our existence is the social media and those ridiculous ‘happydent’ smiles!
This year, I am off that wagon and on the sidelines, finally soaking in fun in the festivals. Get lost, theme parties!
#2 Make conscious Environmental Choices
Making environment-friendly choices is not a choice anymore. It is either that or funeral for the home planet. I pride myself in functioning like a ninja in a do or die situation. So, this year, face the wrath of Whiny Maximus if you are not ‘fighting for the planet side.’ No more plastic or foam disposables in my house parties, optimized usage of public transport, lesser electrical appliance usage, and serious garbage segregation. What are your weapons, fighter?
#3 Refrain from stereotyping
Stereotyping based on race, color, origin, or sexual orientation has to stop! We all should try to know different kinds of people, and understand the world with new lenses everyday. I am open to making friends from all walks of life and have decided to take it up proactively this year.
#4 Spend quality family time
It definitely does not include bickering and calculating monthly bills. It does not include asking grocery and diaper related questions. It does not include socializing where everyone is busy chatting with their inner friend circle. It includes going on impromptu dinners, and long drives (just don’t ask me to read google maps). It includes playing with the kiddo, and discussing a book or a movie!
#5 Restart the fit body journey
Well this is something I resolve every year, like clockwork! Mark Twain famously said, “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” It holds true for my weightloss initiatives as well!
These are some things Whiny Bear wants to do this year. What are your fail-safe resolutions this year? Comment with your whacky resolutions. If yours impresses us, you get a chance to win some cool giveaways! Happy New Year, Blank Slaters 🙂
- The story of art: the cost of exclusivity in the digital age - May 7, 2019
- The Screen time dilemma – the conflicted reality of today’s life - January 31, 2019
- 8 things you can do if you are in India during Sankranti - January 16, 2019
- One night with Friends, Mothers and the Calcutta Bungalow - December 29, 2018
- Reduce Your Global Carbon Footprint -The Indian Middleclass Way! - December 11, 2018
- The Rise of Fall! - October 26, 2018
- If you complain that #metoo is scary, read this - October 20, 2018
- Miguel Street – Experience the world in one street - October 2, 2018
- Dr Mandakranta Bose: On Sanskrit, her journey, and organizing the 17th World Sanskrit Conference - September 19, 2018
- Whatever happened to the Romance novels? - September 6, 2018